Rotary Volunteer Trip to the “Top of the World,” Nepal, April 2-15
Trip Dates: April 2-15
Trip Length: 14 days including travel time; 12 days in Nepal. (You are welcome to stay on longer or travel to India or Bhutan.)
Approximate Costs: Roundtrip Airfare from Seattle: $1,500-$1,900
Approximate Hotel/Sightseeing Package: Kathmandu, Dhulikhel, and Pokhara: $1,150 (including return flight to Pokhara)
Contribution to fund our hands-on volunteer projects and trip oversight: $500
Total Cost: Approximately $3,000-$3,500 per person
Trekking is additional! Estimated Cost: 5-day Poon Hill Trek: $450 per person plus $250 airfare from Kathmandu.
Note: Trekking will limit your volunteer time
- At least two non-profit volunteer programs and/or Rotary project visits volunteering directly with Nepali children with disability.
- Sightseeing (and shopping) in and around Kathmandu, Dhulikhel, Pokhara and Bhaktapur, learning about the culture and history of Nepal.
- We travel to Pokhara and enjoy the beauty of Nepal, do some light hiking and take a scenic boat ride on Fewa Lake.
- We attend at least one or two Rotary or Rotaract meetings and exchange stories about our different cultures and customs (optional for non-Rotarians).
- We have fun and connect with Nepal’s people, customs, and culture!
Contact Rob Rose (425.985.3176) if you are interested or have questions.