Creating a Microsoft Team meeting that allows external guests to join
these steps create a Microsoft Team meeting that allows people without a @bellevuerotary.net account to join. Note you do need an @bellevuerotary.net account or another Microsoft account that has been granted guest access to do so. Sign up here for a @bellevuerotary.net account
It is important that you use Outlook to create the meeting and not Teams, as the latter doesn’t allow inviting external people.
- Ensure you’re on your BellevueRotary.net account and not a different Outlook/Hotmail account. Open the “Calendar” tab in Outlook
- Click “New event” in top left corner
- Fill in form
- Add title
- Set Date & Time
- Add email addresses of invitees
- Move the “Teams meeting” slider to enabled (dot on the right hand side)
- Review event
- Click “Send” in top left corner
Your meeting has been created and all invitees should have an email/calendar entry with a link to join the meeting.