The Bellevue Rotary Community Grants Committee accepts grant applications from September 1st through November 15th each year. After that period has ended, applicants are contacted by members of our Community Grants Committee to discuss their applications. Final recommendations by the Community Grants Committee are made to the Bellevue Rotary Board of Directors in January, with applicants being notified shortly thereafter.
In determining Grant recipients the following are some of the guidelines:
- The project must be community service oriented, beneficial primarily to the residents of the City of Bellevue and the neighboring Eastside cities.
- Funds will be granted for capital investments in service projects and not generally for ongoing operating expenses such as overhead and salary, etc.
- The maximum grant per organization is $5,000.
- If you have received funding from the Bellevue Rotary Club for two years in a row, you may not apply for one year. You are welcome to apply following the one year off.
A Letter of Inquiry is required at this time to include the following information:
- Organization information (name of organization, contact person, address, telephone number, email address and Tax ID number).
- Brief overview of the organization (what it does, who it serves in the community, size of organization, how long the organization has been in the community)
- Short summary of the project.
- Who will benefit from this project and how widespread are those benefits to the local (Bellevue) community and greater Eastside in general.
- Total estimated budget of proposed project.
- How the grant money, if approved, will be utilized.
- Past Recipients may apply again provided the application relates to a new project.
Please send Letters of Inquiry, via email to: email@example.com
Or via US mail to:
Attn: Community Grants
P.O. Box 523
Bellevue, WA 98009
Along with the Letter of Inquiry, please provide the organization’s most recent audited financial statements. If the organization does not receive a financial statement audit, please provide the most recent form 990. Both documents are due on or before November 15.
If you have questions, please contact the Bellevue Rotary Community Grants Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.